Monday, July 13, 2009

We seem to have turned a corner

The weather has been super sunny for the past week. What a welcome change it has been. We have been spending every waking moment at the beach, so today we decided to take a break and stay home. Tomorrow, though, we are right back at it. My girls have all become expert crab catchers and sand castle builders, and I have found that the best arm workout ever is to dig out a giant moat around the castle. It's a win win situation. The girls get an awesome moat, and my arms get to shape up! Seriously, though it has been such a wonderful time at the beach. The kids are all old enough now that I don't worry as much about everything beach related, and the kids all have so much energy that they can take a full day at the beach and enjoy every minute of it. We did encounter a rather bold sea gull last week. He swooped down and whacked me with his wing and stole half of Allie's sandwich. He flew off and swallowed it whole, his neck was giant. I secretly hoped he would choke on it, but he didn't, and then he came back for more. The girls have become quite good at eating hunched over their lunches so the birds don't spy it. This summer is turning out to be a lot of fun. I hope the rain stays away for a while.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

We have had the most amazing summer weather these past two weeks. It's been a long time since it's been this nice. I'm glad you guys are getting some too.

Sea gulls are just rats with wings. They do get really aggressive with food. I hope your girls avoid any further air born assaults on their lunches.

Karla said...

It has been wonderful! We hit the beach today! Love it!