Saturday, May 15, 2010

Up on the roof

We went to visit my grandmother for Easter this year.  We had a great time, and the kids favorite thing was, without a doubt, playing on the roof of her garage.  The roof is flat, and large, plus its just one big step up, as she lives on a hill and the house is up above the roof line of the garage.  I remember playing up there when I was a kid and loving it. nHaving a healthy respect for the edge and feeling totally comfortable up there. They were completely thrilled with being allowed to play up there. I have to be honest, though. As much as I adored doing that as a kid, it made me so nervous and crazy as a parent...all those fears of them FALLING OFF THE ROOF!  They didn't, and had a great time, but it was my least favorite thing about the trip, and I am so not a hoverer, but for some reason I just couldn't go along peacefully with this one...
(all roof adventures completely supervised under several competent adults!)

1 comment:

Heidi O said...

Don't we all have those moments where we remember when we were fearless by watching them. Except that now, we have those fears our parents had...