Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sunset beach picnic




One of the things on our summer list is a sunset beach picnic.  I rounded up a few of the girl's friends and we headed out.  (I often wonder what people think when they see me out alone with 7 (baby not pictured) children) We had a blast, there is something so magical about the beach in the evening. The kids caught a zillion crabs, with Maya being the bravest of all, called in when a creature needed wrangling, rescuing the six eight and nine year olds in the group.  Played in the icy water, it's still only 60* here, and built some great sandcastles and hopefully memories. We topped off the evening with a trip to our favorite ice cream place.  It really doesn't get much better. We decided to do it again. but to stay until it's dark enough for sparklers and lightning bugs.  Cannot wait!

4 comments:

LauraC said...

Awesome awesome awesome!!

Stacey said...

You are my new hero!

Karen said...

And I thought people gave me crazy looks when I was out with 3 kids. You are amazing!!

Bridget said...

Hi! Just got your comment re: toddler adoption books! I have the Weaver's Craft but that's it...would love anything else you have- if you have others!! Could you email me?! (nice to "meet" a new face/blog, btw!) bridget_shaughnessy(at)yahoo(dot)com Thanks! :)