Thursday, June 4, 2009

It's a big week for Lilly


Lilly has had quite a week. She lost her third tooth, the left top front one, and she learned to tie her shoes. Lilly has always worn Crocs, sandals, Velcro sneakers, or dressy shoes. She has never had shoes that tie, because she never picked any with laces. Yesterday she got her first sneakers with laces, I showed her twice how to tie them, and she has been tying every shoe she can get her hands on. She tried to teach Allie, but after about two minutes Allie said, "Oh, just tie 'em for me!" So now Lilly is the resident shoe tyer. A very cute one, with that sweet jack o lantern grin. I love it when the girls are genuinely proud of something they have mastered.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

What's the Tooth Fairies going rate?

I have to confess, I hate shoes that need to be tied. The only ones I buy are sneakers, and I only wear them for exercise. Talk about lazy.