Sunday, August 16, 2009

Wedding Day

















My best, longest known, growing up together friend got married this weekend. It was the most gorgeous wedding I have ever been to. All three of the kids were flower girls were in it, and I was one of the four bridesmaids. We had so much fun. There were six flower girls in all. They all had wreaths of flowers on their heads, and beautiful baskets of wild flowers to drop. The weather was amazing, about 80 degrees, and a wonderful afternoon sea breeze to keep up cool. There was so much. There was dancing, her Dad drove her to the aisle in a horse drawn (her horse that she has had since she was about twelve), there were sweet stories told, and many happy tears shed. At the end of the night, we set off these rice paper lanterns that we all wrote good wishes on. You light this fuel pad at the bottom of the lantern, and the heat from the flame fills the lantern, like a hot air balloon and it floats up into the sky. After a few minutes, and much height, it burns out and turns to ash. Seriously the coolest sight. I am so happy for her and know that she will have such a happy, wonderful life with J. I feel like I have so much to say about the whole experience, but can't find the words.

1 comment:

Beth said...

You all look so gorgeous and happy. I love an awesome wedding!