Monday, October 12, 2009

My Dad the Marathon Runner

My Dad is amazing for more reasons than I can list. He is the best Grandpa to the girls, a wonderful father to me, a super husband to my Mom, and a fierce lobbyist, fighting for the rights and issues that effect older Americans. He is definitely a person you want on your side. There are not enough good things to say about this man. He started running for health as an adult, and it has become somewhat of a passion for him. Every year he runs the Chicago marathon. This past weekend was his tenth race, and as it turns out, he beat his best time by over twenty minutes! I am so proud of him for his dedication to a very difficult sport while doing such an admirable job at everything else in his life. Congratulations, Dad on a great race, and thanks for everything you have taught me. I love you.

4 comments:

Heidi O said...

Congrats to your dad! That is wonderful. What an inspiration for you and your kids.

Joanna said...

Dad's can be pretty amazing, can't they. I'm impressed with him running 10 marathons. That's just crazy!

My dad decided to take up running when he was 69 or 70. It kind of took away my excuse that my knees are too old to run.

Steph said...

Wow! That's such a great accomplishment! Way to go Dad!!

Julie said...

Congratulations to your Dad! He sounds like a wonderful man.