Saturday, September 6, 2008

I Never Thought I'd Want to Purell Her Tongue

Of course I never would, but it was tempting! We were in the bathroom at Target for the second time that trip. All of the girls know the bathroom chant and say it repeatedly during any visit. "Don't touch anything because there are germs that can make you sick!" So I am in the big stall with Allie and Maya who both need to go potty again. Allie goes first and then goes to stand by the stall door with her hands behind her back. I am helping Maya with her potty business when I see Allie making faces in the shiny door handle. Okay, that's cool I think, she's entertaining herself and not touching anything. I turn to Maya and then back to Allie just in time to see her lick the handle of the stall door! "Allie, did you just lick the door handle?!" I say in a slightly hysterical voice. "Yah, but I didn't touch anything." "Seriously!? You licked the door handle? Why would you do that?" I say. "I don't know, just because" she replies. So I launch into the "now you have all the germs from everyone who has wiped themselves after pooping and peeing, on your tongue" lecture while simultaneously trying not to vomit and laugh and cry and wanting to wipe off her tongue and make her gargle with Purell, while listening to the lady in the stall next to us trying to stifle her slightly horrified laughter.
I guess I have to change the bathroom chant to, "don't touch or LICK anything because there are germs that can make you sick."

5 comments:

Lisa and Curtis said...

I actually teared up while readin this from laughter. Then had to read it to my husband! LOL Thank you for sharing that! They really do need to make Purell for the tongue for these kids! LMAO~Lisa

Julie said...

OMG! As a raging germaphobe--that is disgusting!!! Why why why???? Now you know to specify no touching OR licking!

By the way, the photo of your family on your header is just beautiful. Your girls are gorgeous.

-Bridget said...

Lol. That is so funny and gross!

Joanna said...

Eww....I'm cringing just thinking about it. Eww....

Mountain Mom said...

OMG. That is the grossest and funniest thing.

I love your new header, also. A great family photo. :)