Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Daily Lesson

Maya is struggling to remember the concept of a kind voice when she is not getting her way. "NO!" and "Oo-KAY!!" and other various rumblings and growls escape her lips on a fairly frequent basis. She is basically a very kind, helpful, empathetic little person, however if she feels she is being slighted, look out. She is loud. I am finding myself modeling and remodeling appropriate words and tone of voice multiple times a day. We are working on apologies. When she apologizes, instead of saying "SHOD-ddeE!" trying to get her to say, "I'm sorry I _____ ." Sometimes I have to repeat myself three or four times to achieve acceptable results. She is getting there, but I have to try really hard not to laugh out loud when she asserts herself and tries different ways of making her messages clear. She is finally starting to use her nice voice more often. We aren't there all the time, but it is getting better.

No comments: