Monday, May 18, 2009

Maya's Third Birthday

Sunday was Maya's third birthday. I cannot believe that she is three. She has grown so big and has gotten so smart. Her speech has come so far, and all of those cute things she used to say incorrectly are now nearly perfect with no trace of baby left behind. All she wanted for her birthday was cake with fruit on top of it, a candle, a bounce house and for Ryleigh to spend the night. She got all of those things. I made her cake with her help, we bought the candle, and we took her to the Bounce Zone which is a giant place filled with bounce houses and slides and obstacles all of the blow up material. She was the happiest girl. I have loved watching her grow and change these past three years. From her rough start and hospitalization from thirteen days old until just shy of her six week birthday, to her transformation into a wonderful, sweet, stubborn, helpful, polite, willful, lovely little three year old person, I have been amazed. She is my baby, my last little girl, and I am enjoying every wonderful and difficult thing about watching her grow. I did tell her that when she turned three, the rule is that there is no more crying when you get frustrated because you don't get your way. It has worked so far, but it has only been twenty four hours... I love you sweet Maya and can't wait to see what the future brings.

Helping to make the cake.

Her new baby in the morning.

The finished cake.

Crashed on the couch with her new Hippo. It was a great day.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Happy birthday Maya!

I love the final picture of her crashed. She looks so sweet.

bb said...

Happy Birthday Maya!!!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Maya! The cake looks so yummy. I love your new "rule"--I should try that! Let me know how it goes;)