Thursday, September 3, 2009

Allie's 5th Birthday







Five years ago at 6:59 am, Allie was born. The day was gorgeous, and the sky was the same bright blue as her eyes. Those eyes haven't changed one bit since that day. Allie, you are a wonderfully caring, exceptionally sweet little girl who adores princesses, ballet shoes and wrestling. I think that range of things will serve you well in the coming years. You are sensitive and kind and ultra focused on whatever you happen to be doing at the moment. You are starting kindergarten next week, and cannot wait to start learning things there. Today you received a bike from Nana and Grandpa and you spent a good portion of the day riding it everywhere you could. Before we left the house, you insisted that you pack your own band aids in your bike's pack, just in case there were any injuries. I guess you knew you would wipe out, because you took a corner a bit too fast and the whole thing tipped over. You jumped up, looked at your bloody knee and exclaimed, "it's a good thing I've got band aids!" you got over it quickly, but didn't want to get back on the bike. I insisted you get on a ride a bit longer, and you became confident after about two minutes, and then I couldn't get you away from it. I am so proud of the person you are becoming. I love you very much and can't wait to see what the next year holds for you.