Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A super yummy healthy breakfast

I was late coming home from the gym this morning,due to my trip to Target for those damn machanical hamsters,(still nothing) plus we are down to near nothing that I usually eat in the morning, so I was forced to improvise. I have been on a health and fitness quest for almost a year, have lost a bunch of weight, and am in pretty great shape, and am eating great, so I have a little routine with my eating. I usually have an eggwhite burrito an some cottage cheese. We were out of both. I decided to make oatmeal, which I usually put apples and almonds in, but again we were out, so I put in a bit of natural peanut butter, sugar free strawberry jam, and a banana, and mixed it up. It was like the most delicious PB&J ever. It may sound weird, but I am definitely having it again tomorrow. Plus it kept me full for four hours, a definite bonus.

4 comments:

Karla said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! Please feel free to share some more of your tips with us!! ;)

Joanna said...

Good for you! And yeah, oatmeal has some major staying power. So does peanut butter.

Mel said...

It does sound good to me!

Leno made a funny joke about the hamster. He said to give your kid a dead hamster and tell them it needs batteries HA HA! Well, I don't recommend doing that or anything;)

Julie said...

Breakfast is such a challenging meal for me. All of your healthy breakfasts sound great! Thanks for sharing--I hope to be inspired to eat something healthier than coffee and toast.