Thursday, April 1, 2010

The best morning ever

I got up the morning to meet my Dad for a run. It has finally stopped raining and the sun was out. My alarm wasn't annoying, as I had used my phone's alarm, and I didn't have to drag myself out of bed. I had laid out my stuff the night before so there was no sock scramble. Will got up to shower as I was leaving, and he said happily,"take your time and be safe!" (after trying to coax me back into bed moments before). We ran along the water, four and a half miles and talked most of the run. The weather was perfect, and I love starting my day with my Dad. My legs were stiff from a run the day before, but the company made the discomfort less noticeable. When I got home I expected to have to cook breakfast and make lunches, but to my delight, Will had already made the kids breakfast. Bacon and eggs with toast! What treat on a school day, I usually make cereal or toast and yogurt! Then he told me to go take a shower and that he would pack th lunches. I happily showered and while I was in there, Lilly brought me a cup of coffee! It was perfectly made and delicious. I got dressed and came down finding everyone completely ready for school. No arguments, lost shoes or misunderstandings. This was the best morning ever, and ironically it's April fool's day...I hope that doesn't mean anything. It's amazing to me how the simplest things become the most amazing.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

I was sure you were going to just say April Fools at the end. How wonderful that your great morning was actually real! What a lovely treat.

Steph said...

Wow- that sounds like a dream morning. Way to go on the run!

Julie said...

That sounds like a great way to start your day! Will sounds like a keeper for sure :)