Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Birthday Cakes


I completely forgot to post pictures of the cakes I made for Lilly and Allie for their birthdays this year.  Yes, they were in September, the party was a halloween party, so I guess I am not that late...  Allie wanted a butterfly cake with rainbows inside, so I made her butterflies out of royal icing, and the actual cake with enough food coloring to power a small nation (if you could power a nation with food coloring).  Lilly wanted a half chocolate, half vanilla cake, but not marble, and not alternating layers, actually half of the cake chocolate (including the frosting which was chocolate and vanilla whipped cream) and half vanilla.  They came out pretty well, but I was especially happy with how the butterflies came out.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Dude, you are totally the coolest mom. Who makes rainbow cake for there kid? Please adopt me.

Steph said...

Wow- those cakes are impressive. Love them all, particularly the rainbow cake.