Wednesday, July 16, 2008

5 Miles

I ran five miles without stopping for the first time on Sunday. It was hard. I didn't think I could do it. It was awful until mile four. Then it became different. I won't say that it was easy, but it became do-able. I ran with my Dad who is a great source of encouragement. It's not so much what he says, but that he is there with me. I am so proud that I can do this now and that it is getting better. Only a few more weeks until my race. I am nervous and excited. I think it is going to be a blast.

5 comments:

DesiDVM said...

Yay for you!! I just started running in the past year, and so far I've only done a 5K, but I'm trying to work my way up to a 10K. It is pretty hard for the first couple miles, isn't it? But then you feel so much accomplishment at the end!! I'm inspired now, maybe I'll try to do 5 miles tonight...

Joanna said...

Wow! That's great. I must confess that my 70+ father can run circles around me. I think it's great that you are not only running, but enjoying some time with your dad too.

Maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria said...

Thanks for the kind words ladies, it is so encouraging. Yes, the first few miles are torturous!

Kaycee said...

Holy cow girl!! Way to go. That is so encouraging! I'll be reading your blog after this baby is born for motivation :)