Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lollipops



I was blog hunting this morning, and came across this fantastic cooking idea. It is free form lollipops, and I found it here http://littlemommaandcompany.blogspot.com/2008/04/rain-less-rainbow.html . I was fairly sure I had all the ingredients, and was positive I had willing tasters, so I thought we'd give it a try. I got the candy mixture on the stove when I realized I had no candy thermometer. I called my sister in law, who seems to know how to remedy everything kitchen related, to ask her what do do. She read me instructions on how to tell what the candy should look like when it's ready to pour. I thanked her and continued on. We poured multiple colors on each pop and waited semi-patiently for them to harden. They came out beautifully, like stained glass. The recipe was super simple, and the only substitution I made was that I used lemon extract instead of orange. The site I made the discovery on is great, I am sure I will visit often.

We will definitely be trying this again, it was a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Emily said...

YAY! I am so glad you loved them. Yours turned out super, I bet they tasted yummy with the lemon. I think I want to get some cinnamon and try it out with that next time... maybe around the holidays or something. Red and green... I'm dreaming about it already!

Kaycee said...

That is SO cool and what a pretty picture it made!!

I totally want to try that sometime. I'm not that great at baking or making candy for that matter..haha