Thursday, July 3, 2008

Seven Years


Yesterday was our seven year anniversary. We got married in Tennessee when Will was in the ARMY. We were planning a big wedding when he got orders to Korea, so we got married at the courthouse, just us and a justice of the peace named Joe Creek. He was a sweet older man who said some wonderful words for us. We had no one there with us because we were positive that we would have an actual wedding with everyone we love shortly thereafter. We had to get married before he left for ARMY paperwork purposes and how long it takes for processing. We kept planning for a big party and I guess what would have been fake vows, but life sort of sped ahead and we never did the big party. Looking back, I am glad we didn't do the big traditional wedding thing, but still wish that I had thought to at least plan a little ceremony or something with our family and friends, but I was so certain that we would do a traditional something that I didn't think too much about it. When all is said and done, though it is true...it's not about the wedding, it's about the marriage. I have had the most fun I have ever had in my life, and I never knew I could laugh so hard until I met my husband. I have also been through some of the worst times when Will was away when Lilly was born, and through the death of his mother. He is my best friend, the one who keeps me sane and the one who nearly drives me to insanity at times. Thank you my sweet boy for giving me the three greatest girls in the world, and for giving us so much love and laughter.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Congrats on your anniv. I hope you guys enjoy it.