Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Lake

We have discovered "the lake" as the girls call it. We have always known the lake was there, but we always go to the ocean because it it closer. I grew up going to the ocean, and in my ignorance, thought the ocean was inferior. Let me just say, I was wrong. The lake is awesome. The water is warm, and the kids stay in all day. Seriously, all day. I have to pull them out to have lunch, and that is the only time all day they get a chance to de-raisin. They now beg every morning when they wake up to go to the lake. The only problem is that the lake is 60 miles round trip. Once a week fine, twice maybe, but gas is a bit pricey so we'll have to limit our trips for now. We have had so much fun in the water and the girls are getting really comfortable in there now, which makes me happy. They love to hang out in those inner tubes and float around. Maya loved the water until she walked out a bit too deep and dunked under accidentally. I was just a step away and hauled her out quickly, but she was suddenly less impressed with the water. I made her stay in for a while, though so she wouldn't be scared. She is okay with it now. I definitely have to look into swimming lessons fro all three of the girls. We are having a fantastic summer, and I do not want it to end. Why do they have to put the back to school stuff out already?

1 comment:

-Bridget said...

How fortunate you are able to go so frequently! I am jealous! I'm a huge supporter of swimming lessons. Definitely look into those.