Wednesday, January 14, 2009

All Things Equal

It's amazing to me how as a parent of multiple children I have learned to parcel things out equally, and more quickly than I would ever have imagined. I was fixing a bed dinner ( when we all sit on my bed and have a sandwichy type meal and watch cartoons) which doesn't happen often, and put chocolate chips on the plate as dessert. As I was putting them on the third plate, I thought to myself, 'that is two short, the other plates have two more' and sure enough, the third plate had 13, and the other plates had 15 chips. I have come to realize that it benefits all of us to have everything even and equally portioned out. I don't have to hear anything about how someone got more/less than someone else, and the girls don't have to wonder if all things are even, because they know they are.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Just have to say that a bed dinner sounds like fun. I think I will try that sometimes!

bb said...

Sounds like Mom got 2 extra chips from 2 of the plates. And of course, you can't have an odd number of chips on any plate, so you had to have 3 more chips from all the plates. Sounds like a win-win to me!!

Joanna said...

Bawhawhaaaa....

My dad always buys my sister and I good steaks for Christmas. He stands in the commissary going through every package trying to find two with the EXACT SAME WEIGHT. I guess after 30+ years of doing just what you are doing, it's hard to stop. (Trust me, we would catch it if they were different.)