Sunday, January 18, 2009

Allie's Own Personal 'A Christmas Story'


It is snowing here today. Again. We are expected to get about 15 inches. This has been a snowy snowy winter so far, and we still have a long way to go. The girls all wanted to go out and play. Desperately. So we all suited up and made our way to the yard. We were out there about 15 minutes when I heard Lilly say, " Mommy, come look at Allie, she's st..."
"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!" then Allie came around the corner, tongue hanging out of her mouth, dripping, and I do mean dripping, blood. She had been eating the snow off the fence and her tongue stuck. (like in "A Christmas Story." Unfortunately she hasn't seen it or she would have known tongues + metal +17 degrees = not good.) She ripped off the whole right side of the skin of her tongue. I know mouths bleed a lot, but wow. It bled and bled and I just kept giving her snow to eat to hopefully make it feel better. Oh, and I had to snap a picture being the good blogging Mommy that I am. She is currently holding a washcloth on her tongue adamantly stating that she is never going outside again. I tried explaining to her that it would be fine outside as long as she doesn't try to lick anything. She's not buying it.

2 comments:

Mel said...

OH NO!! I never knew anyone that did that in real life. Just on that movie! Poor sweetie. That HAD to hurt!

Joanna said...

Oh my! That really had to hurt. And she wasn't even triple dog dared into doing it.