Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My First First Grader

Lilly's last day of school is tomorrow. I have tried telling her that after tomorrow she will be a first grader. She is having none of it. She actually flat out refuses to acknowledge that she is no longer a kindergartner. I am not sure why, but I find it curious. She loves to be the oldest, loves telling everyone she was born first, and loves being in charge when I go down to throw in a load of laundry. She does not love the idea of being in first grade. I keep talking up the new class she will be in, her teacher, and all the cool things that come with first grade. She thinks she is not a first grader until September when she turns six. I asked her what she will say if over the summer someone asks what grade she is in. She says, "first grade because you say I am" but I don't think she is convinced. I guess I am not convinced either. It seems like she was just born...I can't believe my baby is almost in first grade!

No comments: