Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Beading

Maya and Ryleigh spent the morning beading.  They chose their beads carefully, took time stringing them, and proudly wore them.  I went to the kitchen to make lunch and came back to find most of the beads on the floor.  They had decided to "stir" the beads because it was funny to them.  Not to me.  Beads are a pain in the butt to pick up off the floor, and I hate to vacuum them because then we have to buy more.  I got them to pick up some, but there a many left.  I wonder if I can bribe them with peanut butter cups to pick them up.  I doubt it, it is a gigantic job.  They did such a good job working on their necklaces, it is worth the mess.  Well, almost.

8 comments:

Joanna said...

I think I'd just vacuum them. Beads are a PITA to pick up.

Joanna said...

However, for peanut butter cups, I might reconsider.

Julie said...

I am just exasperated at craft clean up! Lana does crafts every single day and we don't have a craft room, finished basement or even an eat-in kitchen, so she does them all at the dining table. Paint (washable only), glitter glue, the peel-off backs of the foam stickers, beads, rhinestones, dried-up glue, beads and teeny tiny shreds of paper are everywhere! I hate the mess, but love the creativity of her creations. Its one of the only activities that holds her attention.

Maria said...

Julie, I HATE the paper backed foam stickers! I think I hate the tiny shards of paper from all of the cutting more. I love art, but I wish I had a house cleaner who was psychic and invisible so the messes would be instantly clean!

Maria said...

Joanna- I got the girls to vacuum them up. They actually did a pretty good job. I gave them peanut butter cups when they were done.

Steph said...

I was going to second the vacuuming, glad you got that to work out and I bet they loved the peanut butter cups!

JenFen said...

I hear ya - we have been working with the perler fusion beads lately and while I love how it holds their attention, I hate finding the beads everywhere and a few times we have had the whole bucket spill. Jake was never really into crafts but Jadyn is and while I love that she is so excited about doing them, I hate the little shards of paper from when she cuts probably only second to the dried up Play-Doh I find in my tile grout. I dread the clean-up. Julie is brave because I have thankfully avoided glitter. That scares me.

Heidi O said...

Some days I could laugh it off and others it would just kill me. I think that is why I hide those kind of things.