Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Exitement

I took Maya and Ryleigh to a local greenhouse today to pick up a new plant for my Mom. We have been doing some planting indoors at our house, so plants and seeds are at the forefront of all of our minds. While I was paying for my things, Maya and Ryleigh were examining the seed packets on the spinning carousel holder. I looked over when I heard a big squeal of happiness. Maya said, "Mommy! Come here come here this is so amazing, you won't even believe it it's candy seeds! Candy seeds, Mama, CANDY seeeeeds!". I went over to where they were, trying to figure out what they could be looking at. It was a packet of rainbow beet seeds. The picture on the front was cross sections of all different colors of beets, and it did look like it could be candy. I explained what it actually was, and in doing so I think I ruined the dream that candy could grow on trees. I guess we could have bought it and tried to pass off the beets as candy. Something tells me she wouldn't have been fooled.

2 comments:

Heidi O said...

We keep trying to see if they will like beets but I tend to get the canned beets. Pure laziness on my part. lol

That's great that they thought beets were candy though.

Joanna said...

That's so funny. It's a shame they had to learn the truth.

When I was about 3-4, my mom had us plan a button tree because of a book we had read. We went out back, dug a hole, and planted a button. The next day we came out and in it's place was a tree branch with all kinds of different buttons hanging off of it. We knew it wasn't real, but it was still really cool.

I love that your blog brings back some wonderful memories from my childhood. Thank you for that.