Thursday, February 18, 2010

There were two in the bed and the Mommy said...

Last night, Lilly was not feeling well, and Allie couldn't sleep because Lilly wasn't feeling well, and she also couldn't stop coughing.  I invited Lilly to sleep in our bed.  We have a queen, so when one of the girls is with us it's pretty cozy, but doable.  Last night, Allie got out of bed after having been asleep for an hour, coughing and crying.  I tried to get her back to sleep in her bed, but she kept waking up.  I invited her into our bed.  Lilly was asleep, and Allie was instantly asleep.  Allie is not a calm sleeper. She sleeps sideways, kicks like a mule, and constantly thrashes around.  Lilly sleeps right through it even when she ends up with feet, literally in her face.  Me, I cannot.  I ended up on the edge with no covers, being used as a punching bag.I love my children, but I do not love sleeping in the same bed with them.  They are insane.  I am hoping there will be some good sleeping going on tonight and I can watch the Olympics and sleep again!

6 comments:

Beth said...

I can relate. William is easy to sleep with. Seth is not. But last night, William came into our room at 1-something a.m. and I brought him into our bed. Then Seth woke up shortly after. I got Seth back to sleep in his crib fairly quickly, but when I went back to our room, William had taken over my spot in the bed. Rather than disturb him, I just slept in his bed. Oh the sacrifices we make!

Steph said...

Cooper is terrible to sleep with too- he kicks a lot and invariably the few times he has slept in our bed has gotten precariously close to falling off. I can't sleep when he's in our bed either. Here's hoping for a more restful night for all of you tonight!

DesiDVM said...

Oh, I can't understand how people "cosleep" with little kids LOL. J has never been a cosleeper and even now when we have to share a bed (like at a hotel or something) it's hard for both of us -- he kicks, throws the covers off, talks in his sleep...

The baby however loves to sleep with us, every morning at around 4-5am he ends up in our bed. I think the habit is going to be MUCH harder to break with him...

Julie said...

There is nothing like being sound asleep and then getting kicked in the kidneys. Lana has the worst Jimmy legs ever.

Joanna said...

We have done everything possible to keep Michael out of our bed. It's just not comfortable at all. I don't know how he manages to take up so much room.

I hope you get a good night's sleep.

Heidi O said...

It is a rare occasion for them to sleep with us. We usually rig a bed somewhere in the room for them. or they crash on our big comfy chair. I hope they are both feeling better.