Friday, November 21, 2008

Chocolate Cream Pie

My Mom brought us a chocolate cream pie today. As soon as Maya saw it she said, "I have pie now?" I told her that it was for after dinner. She (surprisingly) agreed to eat dinner first. After dinner, all three of the girls were ready for pie. Will and I decided that we would do something different. We told the girls to get five spoons. Lilly quickly retrieved them and got ready to eat. We told them that they could go ahead and eat it. Allie said, "what about the plates?" We told them they could eat the pie whole. They were so excited and immediately began skimming all the whipped cream off the top. They actually probably ate less pie than they would have if they had just had a regular piece. It was so funny to see their eyes grow huge at the thought of eating an entire pie. I am sure they will remember that for a long time. I am just hoping they don't expect a repeat invitation at Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Well if I was at your house I would have helped them eat that pie!!

Joanna said...

I'm with Mel, I would have grabbed a spoon and joined right in. I would never think to do something like that. What a fun idea.