Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Go Vote!

We voted at around 7:30 this morning. Everyone went together. The lines weren't too bad, the A-K line was about three times longer than the L-Z line. I told Will I was glad I married down in the alphabet. When it was our turn, Lilly went in with Will, and I took Allie and Maya with me. Will lifted Lilly up so she could read the ballot along with him. (Note the dangling feet!)

Allie and Maya watched as I filled out my choice, and seemed pretty unimpressed. I, however felt really proud to be a part of such an historic election.

After we voted there was a petition to support gay marriage which we gladly signed. The petition worker seemed amazed and overwhelmed that so many people were showing support. He kept exclaiming, "we're out of pens! I can't believe all of our pens are being used at once! This is so exciting." And it was.

As we were walking out, Allie turned to me and said, "Mommy, where is Barack Obama? I thought we were going to see him." I explained that he was probably out voting in his neighborhood just like we were. She kept saying how she really wanted to see him. I have to be honest, I would have loved to see him too and to tell him I am proud to have someone like him on my side and to thank him for restoring my faith in the hope for our country, and to wish him luck.
After we left our polling place. we headed to McDonald's...clearly the favorite location of the morning. The girls were so proud to show off their 'I voted today' stickers. It was quite a morning. I can't wait to watch the returns come in tonight. We have enough food and drink to make it well into the wee morning hours. I am hopeful we will have the outcome we need.





2 comments:

London said...

Yes we can!!! I'm so hyped up today!

Joanna said...

It sounds like you had a great voting day. Yay for taking the girls with you! I'll confess, I would love to run into Obama while voting. How cool would that be?

When I asked dh how long the line for voting was, he said not long for him. He's a R and L-Z line was short. I may regret hyphenating my name when I'm standing in the A-K line.