Thursday, November 13, 2008

Star Light Star Bright...NO NO ALLIE STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!!!

Allie was sitting on my bed reciting Star Light Star Bright and I heard this:

Allie: Star light, star bright, first star I see...

Lilly: NO NO ALLIE! STOP STOP STOP!!

Allie: tonight, I wish I may I

Lilly: STOP IT ALLIE, STOP SAYING THAT

Allie: wish I might, have this wish

Lilly: ALLIE IF YOU SAY THAT WHOLE WISHING SONG, NONE OF YOUR WISHES WILL EVER EVER COME TRUE, YOU HAVE TO BE LOOKING AT A THE FIRST STAR TO MAKE IT REALLY COME TRUE!

Allie: Oh, I didn't know that, thanks for telling me that.

Lilly: You're welcome.

She was really trying to save Allie from a lifetime of inability to wish on that first star. That's what sisters are for.

5 comments:

Mountain Mom said...

I love this story. Makes me wish I had a real sister.

Joanna said...

Your girls are just so sweet. I love reading about them. I also wonder what planet they came from. Certainly not the same one that my sister and I came from.

Heidi O said...

My sisters used to just conk me over the head. Your girls are lucky to protect on each other. That's a great story.

Maria said...

That is so nice you guys. It makes me feel like we actually may be doing this parenting thing right at least part of the time. They really are wonderful little people.

Steph said...

That's so sweet- my sister and I were never like that growing up!