Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Our Foster Dog (who will probably end up ours)

Our foster dog arrives on December 13th. We are all very excited. I really like the idea of fostering to see if she works out, but barring any serious issues, I think she will be ours forever. Who am I kidding. The girls wanted to pick out a leash and collar for her, so we went to browse at Target today. Lilly picked out an orange leash and matching collar. It has polka dots and is really cute. We didn't purchase it, but it is their number one choice so far. So, the dog's name is Sully, she is three years old, mostly black with a white chest and chin, and extremely cute. We are not loving her name (I think it sounds too much like sullen) so we are in search of a new one. I sort of think something holidayish would be fun, but it is not a requirement... Lilly likes Lola, but we already have a lot of L sounding parts of names. I am the worst at picking names, so I am really no help. Allie wants to name her Naysa, and Maya wants to name her Robin Hood... I like names that are sort of quirky, a little different, and sort of funny for pets so we'll see what we end up with. Maybe Robin Hood isn't so bad. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (oh, and she doesn't know her name, they just assign her one to identify her at the rescue)

2 comments:

Peg said...

How about Foster?...or Tallulah?

Thoughts from Peg, a friend of Bonnie Smith

See my blog at whimseys-writings-thoughts

Joanna said...

You could name her Mistletoe and call her Missy for short.