Saturday, November 8, 2008

Time for Bed

Will usually puts Lilly and Allie to bed while I am putting Maya to bed. We all snuggle and watch a show together before bed and then we say our good nights. I usually go say goodnight again to the big girls after I get Maya settled in. Tonight they asked for me early, but by the time I got in there Allie was asleep and Lilly was almost there. I kissed Lilly on the cheek and whispered that I love her, then she looked up at me and it went like this;

Lilly: "Mommy, will you lie with me?"

Mommy: "Daddy already snuggled with you and it is waaaaaay past your bedtime so you need to go right to sleep."

Lilly: "but momma, I need you."

Mommy:"okay, but just for one minute."

I lie down, wrap my arms around her and she rests her face in my neck. Her eyelashes flutter on my skin for moments, and then she is asleep. I am not usually a softy, but when they are so sweet and say, "Momma. I need you" in that totally loving, sleepy, non whiny way, I simply cannot resist.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I couldn't resist that either.