Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The attention span of a (nearly) two year old

Have you ever noticed that no matter what your child is doing in the car, when you drive past a playground her head whips around? Maya has this uncanny ability to look up at exactly the instant the playground is approaching and then watches it fly by. We can drive past any playground and she shouts, "Mommy! I wanna go on the rides!" (Rides=Swings) I say, "okay, Maya we can go on the swings in a little bit." So she says, "Nooooooooo, I wanna go plaaaayground!"So I counter, "We will go to the playground, later." Then Maya says, Mommy, playground later? I want playground noooowwwwa" So I say "I know you want the playground now, but we have to go do (whatever we are doing) now." So then my sweet baby looks out the window again and says," Oooh, look mommy, a bird! I wanna see the bird!" Problem solved, now we are off to catch the bird...

No comments: