Thursday, May 1, 2008

Loose teeth

I have been worrying about this day for many years. Lilly discovered that she has a loose tooth. Why worry about this you may be wondering? I was, at sevenish, a little strange. I had gotten my first loose tooth in front on the bottom. I then proceeded to lose the one next to it, so I had a rather large space in the bottom of my mouth. Somewhere in my sevenish year old mind, I thought it would be fun to have a square in the front of my mouth so I could stick my tongue through. The problem with my idea, however was that the top two front teeth were not loose at all. I, with all the knowledge of a sevenish year old, figured that I could just make them loose by wiggling them constantly. Looking back, this was one of my more terrible ideas. I wiggled those teeth all the time and soon enough I had my highly coveted square in the front of my mouth. I have to say I looked really cute, as all kids do, with no front teeth. Soon after I ripped my teeth from my head, the bottom teeth began to come in. I thought ( in my infinite sevenish wisdom) that the top teeth would be soon to follow. WRONG! It was 2 years before the top teeth came back in! I cannot tell you how many people sang that stupid song "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" to me. Needless to say I wanted those teeth so badly. I remember getting up every morning running to the bathroom mirror to see if the little white telltale bumps were peeking through. I will never forget the morning they were there. It was the best day! Since that day, I have been worrying about the day one of my children discovers a loose tooth. I didn't want to believe Lilly's tooth was loose, but it is, and she woke up this morning with another one. I guess my hope is that she will have better sense at five and a half than her mommy did at sevenish.

No comments: