Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Day at the Beach

We had a wonderful day at the beach yesterday. I let Lilly stay home from school to go with us and needless to say, she was thrilled. It was 85 degrees, which was a record high for us so we took full advantage of it. When we got to the beach it was low tide, and so the tide pools were fantastic. We found starfish, snails, sand dollars, and other assorted sea life. The kids were so excited to find them, and wanted pictures, but of course I did not have the camera, and I am not sure how to get pictures off my cellphone, so I will work on that. Lilly and Allie went swimming in a huge pool on the beach, probably a foot and a half deep, and didn't want to get out. There was lots of splashing, chasing birds, and running away from waves. We had the best time, and now at 7:40 am they are still asleep. I think we need more beach days. Here's to Summer!

No comments: