Thursday, May 8, 2008

Bugs




My oldest daughter, Lilly has a completely irrational fear of bugs. Anything smaller than a bird that flies freaks her out. Things other than bugs tend to "fly" on windy days like today. Every two seconds she was jumping like someone pinched her when a piece of tree bud or flower or whatever it is that falls (flies) off the trees in spring would hit her. We took a walk up to a flower park near us for a change of scenery. I thought it would be fun to put the girls in the matching dresses their Nana bought them and take pictures in the flowers. The girls were all for it until we got there and they realized sitting for pictures wasn't nearly as much fun as running around and looking for (of all things) ants. Lilly decided to make a peace offering to the ants, and laid down some dandelions in one fat ant's path. I asked her why she was doing that if she was afraid of him. She responded in true Lilly fashion, " well, I want him to be happy". Yes, although my daughter hates bugs, she wants them to be happy. "Unless they fly at me" she adds.
That's my girl.

1 comment:

Kaycee said...

AW! That's so sweet to help the ants out. What a cute picture of your 3 girls too!