Friday, May 30, 2008

Gumball Machine

Maya loves gumballs. Loves gumballs. My friend Joan got her a gumball machine for her birthday. It came with 200 gumballs (no, not sugar-free) Yes, it was mother approved, sadly. Now we have gumballs upon waking in the morning, and before bed at night. Yes, we brush teeth afterward most of the time. My plan was to let to let them all eat a bunch, and then the novelty would wear off. It has been a week, and it is still as exciting as the first day. The gumballs are dwindling, but sadly not as quickly as I'd hoped. I do let them turn the knob until they get the color they want and the others go in the garbage, so that's a plus. The girls are surprisingly good about not sneaking them, so that's also on the plus list. On the minus list is that the green, blue, and purple gumballs stain everything known to man, and yes, those are the girls favorites. All in all I guess I really don't mind the gumball machine, but I won't be sad when it's empty. Oh, and if Joan had children, they would be getting a drum set for their next gift.

No comments: